Saturday October 15th, I’ll be one of the featured speakers at the Stoicon conference in New York City. Stoic Week 2016 follows that, running from Monday, October 17 to Sunday, October 23.
I’m trying something that – on the one hand – is very new for me, and – on the other hand – was quite common in earlier times: a circuit tour, during which I’ll give talks on the way out to, and back from, Stoicon in NYC.
We’ll start the tour with a talk here locally in Milwaukee on Monday the 10th, and end it with a Stoic Week talk here in the Milwaukee area as well on Sunday the 23rd. On the way out to Stoicon, the plan is to give talks and workshops along an eastward itinerary. And on the way, back, we’ll do Stoic Week talks and events from New York to Milwaukee.
If you’re along the way, and interested in hosting me and Andi for a philosophy-focused talk, event, or workshop during this speaking circuit tour, write us and invite us, and we’ll start talking. Schools, organizations, libraries, churches, clubs, even prisons – I’ve given talks at them before, and I’ll be happy to come to yours!
Our itinerary runs roughly west to east on the way out (October 10-15), and roughly east to west on the way back (October 16-23), but for a good venue, we’re willing to go a bit out of our way. So, if you’re in Illinois, Indiana, (southern) Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, (northern) Maryland, or (northern) West Virginia, you’re more or less along our way, depending on how we draw the path.
Here’s what we have scheduled so far:
- Monday, October 10 – kick-off event in Milwaukee
- Tuesday, October 11 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Wednesday, October 12 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Thursday, October 13 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Friday, October 14 – Felician College, Lodi, New Jersey
- Saturday, October 15 – Stoicon in NYC
- Sunday, October 16 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Monday, October 17 – tentatively scheduled to speak in NYC
- Tuesday, October 18 – tentatively scheduled to be in Rochester, NY
- Wednesday, October 19 – tentatively scheduled to speak in Rochester, NY
- Thursday, October 20 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Friday, October 21 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Saturday, October 22 – nothing scheduled as of yet
- Sunday, October 23 – Stoic Week event in Milwaukee
So if you’re interested in being part of this in any way – whether it be in booking us, getting a conversation started, or even graciously offering a place to stay, get in touch with me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!